Rolling All Over The World

Rolling All Over The World
Rolling All Over The World

Rolling With The Quo

Hello and Welcome to my little Blog,
What is it all about I hear you ask ? Well I am in a very privelidged possition, Thanks to my Bosses at Transam Trucking I am now the Back line tour driver for the Legends that are Status Quo.
I wont be telling you anything about band history, as I am pretty sure any Quo fan out there would be better informed about the band than me!
However I will share my life on the Road with these Legends of Rock, but more inportantly I would hope to introduce you to some of the people who work so tirelesly behind the sceans to make The Mighty Quo look and sound fantastic and give all of the fans a great experience every time these Legends of Rock walk out on to the stage confident that there crew behind the scenes have it all covered !!
I will say at this stage that all opinions and comments in this Blog are mine alone and do not represent opinions of any of the Managment or members of Status Quo.
This is just life on the Road from my perspective,I will tell you about gigs how it all went and some of the day to day dramas that me and the crew face before during and after the show.
This is not an official Status Quo Blog.

Thursday 30 June 2011

How it All Began

OK so the phone rings Ding Ding !! Hello yes..... a tour of France with Status Quo... are you kidding that's great....... What.... if they like me and I do ok its possible I may become a permanent member of the Crew.... Excellent don't worry you can count on me I wont let you down... Thanks... Excellent brilliant .. Thanks Thank you ...... Wow.
So there I was a week later in Transam yard in Suffolk, loading up my truck with all the supplies and stuff I think I am going to need for a two week tour of France,with Status Quo, this is gonna be great !!
I collect all the paper work needed, ATA Carnets the paper work that covers all the contents of my truck whilst it is moving around Europe and beyond,itinerary outlining addresses of venues, load in times and load out times.
So first stop Shepperton Studios just outside of London. The Mighty Quo have been rehearsing the line up for the French leg of there QUID PRO QUO tour,the crew are testing all the equipment and set making sure it all work's as it should, so there are no surprises out on the road.
Ok so i need to back round there yep oh and then back down there Gulp !! Not a problem. Three hours later Iam fully loaded and heading for an exclusive sports club in Chealse The Hurlinghan Club.
However I must mention that at Shepperton I was introduced to the Crew the boy that make every thing tick so to speak, Glen Smith Tour Manager, Patrick Marks Lighting Designer,Andy May Front of house sound engineer, Tim Franklin Monitor Engineer , Lloyd Gilbert Guitar Tech, Lance Miles Drum Tech,Andrew Tomkins Keyboard & Bass Tech and Grant Colemen Merchandise.
So that's the gang I hope to introduce you to the boys in more details but must seek there permission to include them in any more depth before I go there.
And so here I am an Eastend boy all parked up in one of the most exclusive sports clubs in the Bourgh of Kensinton and Chelsea,why am I here well Status Quo are the head line act for a charety gig thats being put on by RPJ (Rick Parfitt Junior) All moneys raised go to the Crones foundation, its a great night hosted by Richard Hammond of Top Gear Fame,with some amazing items up for grabs in the charety auction,we did however have a very long push with the equipment as the Hurlingham Club with its trimmed hedges and plush lawns and tennis courts was not designed for 40ft articulated vehicles so I got as near as I could,much to the anoyance of the ladys of the Croucket club!! Oh you cant Possibly be leaving that there !! I was blocking the entry to the ladys croucket club changing rooms, something that I soon remided !!  
Ok thats the first one down its off to France we go Dover here I come,I headed for the Ferry at dover the Band bus and crew bus went via the Euro Tunnel and where probably tucked up in bed in there hotel in Lille before i even set foot of fouren soil, as the Busses can do 100km an hour where my truck is limeted to 88km an hour never mind slowly slowly catch a monkey woop woop to Lille and beyond !! 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment